Welcome to the Keyword AutoLinker plugin! This easy-to-use WordPress plugin is designed to help you supercharge your internal and external linking, improving your website's SEO and user experience. By automatically linking relevant content, you'll save time, reduce manual work, and ensure your site is well-connected, driving more organic traffic and increasing user engagement.
Link: https://chrisleverseo.com/attachments/keyword-autolinker-zip.87/ (36kb zipped filesize)
How to Install:
Method 1: Using the plugin manager
- Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard, and navigate to the "Plugins" menu.
- Click on the "Add New" button at the top of the page.
- Click the "Upload Plugin" button at the top of the page, and then click "Choose File" to select the .zip file.
- Click the "Install Now" button to upload and install the plugin.
- Once the installation is complete, click the "Activate Plugin" button to activate the Keyword AutoLinker plugin.
Method 2: Uploading via FTP/File Manager
- First, connect to your web hosting account using an FTP client (such as FileZilla) or your web host's File Manager.
- Navigate to your WordPress installation's "wp-content/plugins" directory.
- Upload the "keyword-autolinker" zipped folder to the "wp-content/plugins" directory. (unzip it)
- Once the upload is complete, go to your WordPress admin dashboard and click on the "Plugins" menu.
- Locate the "Keyword AutoLinker" plugin in the list of available plugins, and click the "Activate" link to activate the plugin.
How to use the plugin:
Access the Keyword AutoLinker settings: In your WordPress admin dashboard, locate the "Keyword AutoLinker" menu item. Click on it to access the plugin settings, where you'll find two text areas for adding keywords and their corresponding URLs.
Add keywords and their corresponding URLs: In the "Keywords" text area, enter the keywords you'd like to link automatically (one per line). In the adjacent "URLs" text area, add the corresponding URLs for each keyword (one per line). By linking these keywords, you'll create a better internal linking structure, which improves your website's SEO and helps users navigate your content more easily.
Save your changes: After entering your keywords and corresponding URLs, click the "Save Changes" button to store the keyword-URL pairs. The plugin will then automatically scan your website's content and replace the specified keywords with their linked URLs.
Let the plugin work its magic: With the keyword-URL pairs saved, the plugin will work behind the scenes, seamlessly integrating links into your content. This will not only improve your site's SEO but also provide a better experience for your visitors, encouraging them to explore more of your content and reducing bounce rates.
Manage your keyword-URL pairs: In the "Current Keywords and URLs" section, you can view or delete existing keyword-URL pairs. To delete a pair, tick the checkbox next to the keyword and URL you wish to remove, and then click the "Delete Selected" button. This section allows you to keep track of your active links and easily manage them as needed.
By using the Keyword AutoLinker plugin, you'll enjoy benefits, such as:
- Improved SEO through better internal linking
- Increased user engagement and reduced bounce rates
- Time savings and reduced manual effort in managing links
- Enhanced site navigation for a better user experience
That's it! You've now successfully set up the Keyword AutoLinker plugin. If you need support or have any questions or would like to request feature modifcations/ report a bug, you can reach out to me by commenting below.
Word of caution
Please note that the Keyword AutoLinker plugin is currently unsupported, meaning that it may not receive updates, bug fixes, or support from its developers. As such, it is essential to exercise caution when using this plugin. Use it at your own risk and ensure you test its functionality thoroughly before implementing it on your live website.
Before activating the plugin, it is recommended to create a backup of your site, so you can easily restore it if any issues arise. Additionally, consider testing the plugin on a staging or development site to evaluate its performance and compatibility with your existing plugins and themes. This will help you identify and resolve any potential conflicts or problems before deploying it on your main site.
By following these precautions, you can minimise the risks associated with using an unsupported plugin and ensure a smooth experience for both you and your website visitors.
The Keyword AutoLinker plugin is designed to automatically replace specified keywords with internal or external links within your WordPress website's content. This document provides an overview of the plugin's structure and code to help you understand its functionality and implementation.
The plugin consists of the following files:
- keyword-autolinker.php: The main plugin file containing the core functionality and hooks.
- keyword-autolinker-admin.php: Handles the admin settings page and form submissions for adding and deleting keyword-URL pairs.
- styles.css: Contains the plugin's styling for the admin settings page.
The main plugin file performs the following tasks:
- Includes the keyword-autolinker-admin.php file for handling admin settings.
- Enqueues the styles.css file for styling the admin settings page.
- Creates the necessary database table for storing keyword-URL pairs upon plugin activation.
- Defines the word_linker_replace() function, which is responsible for replacing keywords with their corresponding links in the website's content.
- Registers the word_linker_replace() function as a filter for 'the_content' hook.
- Sets up the admin menu item for the plugin, linking it to the word_linker_admin_page() function.
The admin settings file handles the following tasks:
- Displays the plugin's admin settings page with two text areas for adding keywords and their corresponding URLs, along with a table for managing existing keyword-URL pairs.
- Processes form submissions for adding new keyword-URL pairs, validating and sanitizing the input data, and inserting it into the database.
- Processes form submissions for deleting selected keyword-URL pairs, validating and sanitizing the input data, and deleting the relevant entries from the database.
This file contains the CSS styling for the plugin's admin settings page, such as layout, spacing, and typography.
Key functions and hooks
- word_linker_activation(): This function is called upon plugin activation, creating the database table for storing keyword-URL pairs and populating it with sample data. It is registered as an activation hook with register_activation_hook().
- word_linker_replace(): This function is responsible for scanning the content and replacing specified keywords with their corresponding links. It uses preg_replace_callback() to perform the search and replace, ensuring that keywords within HTML tags are not affected. This function is registered as a filter for 'the_content' hook with add_filter().
- word_linker_admin_menu(): This function sets up the plugin's admin menu item and links it to the word_linker_admin_page() function. It is registered as an action for the 'admin_menu' hook with add_action().
- word_linker_admin_page(): This function displays the plugin's admin settings page, handles form submissions for adding and deleting keyword-URL pairs, and fetches the existing keyword-URL pairs from the database.